On Tuesday, Philly gave a tribute to photographer Mpozi Tolbert. (1972-2006) Recently, a friend told me about an event happening in Silk City, but I didn't pay it too much mind for two reasons.
1. I had no idea who Mpozi was
2. When I asked him who and what the event was about - I never got a clear explaination.
3. I didn't give it much thought
I just want to say, I probably missed one of the most life-chaning events EVER! Looking at this man's work made me want to persue this photography thing even more. His photos not only documented the early years of The Roots, but also many other artist like Jill Scott, Slum Village, and Common. Deeply rooted in the music industry, this award winning photographer's amazing talent was loved, and will be missed. Check out this slideshow of his photography.

No comments:
Post a Comment