Tuesday

LAWRY'S...


Sooo, last nite I went to the club MCCXXIII aka 1223 in DC. Mind you, its a Monday night and I have to go to work in the morning. I wasn't too much in the mood or thinking about going out at that. But when the girls called me and told me I should come out to eat with them, I couldn't turn it down. It seemed like it took as a century to find something to eat, we drove to Alexandria in search of Pentagon City mall, and ended up at Target shopping for pearls. How? I don't know. Anywho - for those who don't know - I have not yet reach the GOLDEN age of 21. The age everyone can't wait for. The age shit just seems to be easier. LOL! So in sympathy of my situation, the girls gave me an ID to use.

The only thing is I'm..... 31?

Well according to my California State Issue ID I am. Okay, maybe I can pass for 25-28... But 31? This girl doesn't even LOOK like me! "You'll be fine..." they told me. And I believed them... Worst mistake that night. LOL!

So its us, 3 AKA's and one non-AKA (me), riding down the city. The entire time, I'm in the backseat staring down this plastic card trying to memorize the information it. Repeating my birthday out loud and reciting my address. My name is Bridgette, and I'm from LA...

Bridgette?! This is crazy. It's not going to work! "You'll be fine, just be confident!" they told me. LOL!

Riiiight, oookay. We get there and surprisingly, the line is short. All women. I'm dressed nicely so I figured I won't have a problem, right? Plus the bouncer is young - I'll smile or something. (Sidenote: I've never had to use a fake ID before. Usually in a case like this, someone I know is hosting the party and they talk to somebody to let my young ass in the club and long as I promise them I don't drink.) In my mind, I'm totally thinking that this bouncer is going to take me to jail if I hand him this ID that CLEARLY isn't me. But I proceeded.

I told one of the girls who I was with to go in front of me so I could prepare myself for the worst. She goes. I'm next. Shit. I get to the front of the line, I try to pull a fast one. I show him my ID while its still in my wallet - you know, through the little plastic thingy. LOL! It was a Chanel wallet, so I figured he wouldn't give me too much trouble when he saw the C's. He glances at the picture, and then says "Can you take it out, please?" Shit. This is when I knew. The C's didn't work and now I'm bout to get caught. I remained confident about the situation though, "Oh, sure." You know those "oh, sure's" you give when you're trying to sound like its nothing. Boy, lie! My heart was beating like a racehorse. I hand him 'my' ID and he looks at it. Looks at me. And then looks at it again. He gives me this look of total and utter disbelief.

"Man, just show me your real ID, girl... You only have to be 18 to get in!"

LAWRY'S.

I felt salty as a motha. I couldn't even try to pretend. It wasn't happening. LOL!!!!!!! "Sorry...." I show him my Georgia ID and walk in with my head low. LOL! So embarrasing....

Sidenote: Allen Iverson partied with us! He smiled and winked at me... LOL! Groupie? No. Don't try it.But he IS fine though.. LOL!

Moral of the story : Act your age. lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Lawry's! 31 though? C'mon lol. oh man, the escapades of not being 21. Life is so much easier when you're of age. i've only been 21 since march, but being 19/20 seems so long ago.

Avante D. Davis said...

I agree wit hthe last comment! that 19/20 ge sucks eggs... its the biggest tease ever...

Milah.b said...

yo booogie, whats good. im in DC

mercie said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha..girl gimmie ur real id..hhahahaaa hilarious!!!!
and allen iverson is fine as hell-but he is such a jerk...he be around hampton campus sometimes...i used to love him..*Sigh*

The Peppermint Arts Collective said...

HAHAHA!
that is really funny...
and yes im sure u felt real "saldy" [philly dialect]

lol.

Julius Ceaser said...

WELCOME 2 THE GOOD LIFE'
LAWRYS