Monday

WHAT'S ON MY MIND (B.O.T.G)



So...i'm bored and once again I'm blogging-on-the-go. I'm currently sitting here in The Grounds Coffeehouse after a long day at work eating my deluxe caramel cheesecake and working on some promo work for a few companies. However, prior to entering the coffeehouse, I'm stopped by these sidewalk independent Rap artists. Obviously, they want me to support them in purchasing their "album" because their from Delaware, so I'm like, "All I got is a 20. Let me run in here and if I get change I'll help you out." Basically I'm saying, "No thank you, I'm good." So I enter the coffeehouse and there's this beautiful, intelligent, 5'7, caramel colored woman standing near the counter. For a while, I admire her beauty then I'm interrupted by the cashier who asks, "Can I help you?" I say, "Yeah, let me get a red-velvet cupcake." He responds, "Have you tried our cheesecake? It's the best in Atlanta." I buy the cheesecake, grab my fork, and head to my seat. Honestly, the cheesecake's good but, I've had better. But anyway, I'm seated now; all of sudden these two men storm through the door, and take a seat right next to me. My first thought was, "Ahhh damn, out of all the seats in the building, why next to me?" After overhearing the first few words of their conversation it hits me...they're gay. They're arguing over a specific incident which involves someone talking shit about one of them and having sex with a friend or something. Just to clear the air, I have nothing against anyone with diverse sexual preferences but I just don't understand. Being that I'm heavily attracted to women I don't care to understand. But that's stuff I think should be talked about in the privacy of your own home.  
...
So...I'm still sitting here thinking of a possible way to move to another area in the building. So I politely get up from my seat, grab my belongings and move to the back. In the back, I began to think all of the stuff I've been through in my lifetime - my early childhood, my mother's passing, my relationship with my father prior to her death, the day I entered Morehouse, the people I've met here, the things I've accomplished here and, my reason for being here. I realize that all of these things have their own prolific reason for taking place and in order to acquire the knowledge for my being placed in particular environments at the given time, I must be patient until that's presented to me from a higher calling.
...
It is now 7:56pm. I'm done with my cheesecake and I'm deliberating about this one particular situation. I've known this person for sometime now and we're now becoming good friends; however, I'm feeling some type of about her. I mean, it's not love but, I'd like to get to know this person a bit more intimately. I admit, I have a small crush. But, suppose I tell her how I feel and she doesn't feel the same. This now somewhat ruins a friendship because she can no longer be comfortable around me knowing that I'm attracted to her and she doesn't feel the same way. So, as I come to a close, I ask you, the reader, "What do I do?" Bypass, how I feel and put my feelings on pause or tell her how I feel and risk ruining a friendship? 
...
Well, people that's what's on the brain. Until next...

peace.love.&soul glo.
 
    

2 comments:

Peaches said...

Maybe you should ask yourself first whether you can if she's into you or not. Does she call and text you all the time. Does she want to hang out all the time? Does she surprise visit a lot? Does she get awkward? Does she touch, hit, or poke you a lot? Do either or you two stare soulfully into each other's eyes without one of you quickly avoiding eye contact or changing the subject? If you can't physically tell that she's somewhat into you, maybe you should just not say anything at all. Maybe you should wait out a bit longer when she makes the first move if you're unsure. If someone likes you, you can tell.

Ps. I don't agree with your comment on gay people. If you're going to bag on gay people talking about their sex life in public, then you gotta bag on straight people talking about their sex life in public. Its only fair.

josuar.dean said...

yo peaches thanx for the feedback...

...i agree with your comment. believe it or not, the exact same thing crossed my mind; however, by that time the blog had already been posted.

my apologies...