So if you haven't heard already, my man Q-tip is back in action and said to be reuniting with Tribe and also said to be putting out a solo eclectic record. I'm mad geeked. 1993's Midnight Marauders album still stays in rotation on my iTunes. Its something about that abstract poetry on top of dope beats with jazz influence, the concious lyrics that speak of Sucka MC's and Applebums. Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, and Phife def hold a peice of my heart.
Q-Tip has been gone from the scene for a minute now, and when asked where he as been, he replied simply by saying "Where have I been? Working. Between you and me, I was waiting for the time to be right." So essentially, he never really went away. He simply recoreded several albums' worth of music without releasing it, waiting for the right cultural tipping point to reemerge.
His new album titled "The Renasissance", signaling both a reclamation of the spotlight and a rebirth of hip-hop cool he helped create. So don't call it a comeback.

No comments:
Post a Comment